Tuesday 13 January 2015

Ancient Board Games

Firstly this is an apology for not keeping up to date with this blog. I've had a very busy and personally stressful and emotional December and early New Year, and haven't had the time to spend writing blog posts. My other reason for not writing my blog posts, has been that I want to be able to say something meaningful or at least interesting about the games I've studied, and simply writing a few raw reactions in the week following each lecture has left me with an unpublishable mess of blogs that don't really say much worth reading.

However that is about to change, expect several big blog post updates coming very soon on three of the ancient games I've studied. First I've decided to publish the essay I wrote on ways to improve the Royal Game of Ur (technically cheating yes, but everything interesting I had to say on the game has been put into that), secondly a look at my personal favourite - Hnefatafl (a game I've been playing a lot of the past few months and have been analysing the mechanics of in detail), and finally Escape Sen't (a modern twist on an ancient game which has inspired my own creations.)

I'll also post something soon regarding my own board game design. Again, I'm really sorry for the wait, but I hope this makes up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment